At iQor, we partner with brands to design scalable customer experience (CX) solutions, combining digital technology and human expertise to deliver highly sought-after customer interactions. We strategically deploy automation to optimize performance, streamline processes, and enhance efficiency.
We acknowledge the transformative potential of continuous AI innovations and are committed to using this technology responsibly and ethically for the benefit of our employees and clients. We adhere to client data requirements; we do not utilize AI in combination with client data.
The following core principles, along with our internal AI use policy, guide employees, contractors, and third-party individuals with access to AI technologies on behalf of iQor.
- Responsible AI Design and Deployment
- We prioritize responsible design, development, deployment, and operation of AI technologies.
- All AI projects undergo rigorous IT prioritization, ensuring alignment with iQor’s goals.
- User consent is a prerequisite for AI to access personally identifiable information, with clear communication regarding its purpose and necessity.
- We prohibit AI usage for illegal activities, exploitative content, malware, fraud, adult or political content, medical, financial, or legal advice, and high-risk decision-making.
- Human-Centered AI
- AI technologies are designed to assist, not replace, human professionals.
- AI tools and platforms are authorized solely for approved business purposes.
- AI supplements and does not replace diligence in fact-checking, research, creativity, critical thinking, judgment, expertise, and customer service.
- Employees receive training on responsible AI use, covering purpose, ethics, risks, security, and compliance.
- Regular awareness campaigns reinforce cybersecurity and responsible AI use.
- Accountability and Ethical AI
- Humans remain accountable for AI-assisted decisions and provide oversight to ensure they align with our ethics and organizational values.
- We establish mechanisms for the ongoing ethical evaluation of AI systems.
- Feedback from employees, stakeholders, and impacted parties informs ethical AI improvements.
- We employ clear guidelines and principles for ethical AI decision-making.
- Promoting Human Potential
- We explore emerging career paths for all professionals.
- AI is never used to deceive, produce content solely for financial gain, or spread falsehoods, misinformation, or propaganda.
- Transparency and Explainability
- Employees have access to information about the purpose, capabilities, and limitations of AI systems.
- We aim to provide clear documentation and communication regarding AI system algorithms, data sources, and methodologies.
- We prioritize AI models that facilitate explainability and elucidate the factors influencing AI-generated decisions.
- Regular assessments and employee feedback drive improvements in transparency and explainability.
- Privacy and Compliance
- We adhere to applicable laws, regulations, and ethical guidelines.
- We implement safeguards to protect personal information processed by AI systems and ensure transparency in data collection.
- We thoroughly evaluate AI tool security, terms, and privacy policies.
- Non-Discriminatory AI
- AI systems do not discriminate based on protected characteristics.
- Open Collaboration
- We openly share AI research, knowledge, and experiences to advance the CX industry and society at large.
- We collaborate with organizations and individuals who share our principles.
- Upskilling and Responsible Employment
- We prioritize upskilling and reskilling professionals to enhance their careers.
- We manage the impact of AI on employment responsibly.
HOW WE USE AI TODAY
AI projects are rigorously evaluated through our IT prioritization process that provides governance, structure, and consistency to analyze the viability of AI projects and their potential benefits to iQor and our partners.
We employ AI technologies and cloud-enabled tools for efficiency and performance optimization, including, but not limited to:
- Robotic process automation (RPA)
- Intelligent interactive voice response (IVR)
- Chatbots | intelligent virtual agents (IVAs)
- Data analytics
- Customer self-service apps
- Automated call scheduling
- Preemptive services
- Natural language processing (NLP)
- Speech analytics and interaction insights
- Predictive analytics
- Coaching insights and performance optimization
Generative AI supports various marketing activities and is never used with client data.
These principles undergo periodic review and updates to address emerging risks, technological advancements, regulatory changes, and evolving AI trends in the marketplace.
iQor Principles for the Responsible Use of AI are adapted from Marketing AI Institute’s “The Responsible AI Manifesto for Marketing and Business” (www.marketingaiinstitute.com).
“The Responsible AI Manifesto for Marketing and Business” by Paul Roetzer, founder & CEO of Marketing AI Institute, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License (CC BY-SA 4.0) (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/). © 2023.
Modifications made by iQor to the original document include:
- Adding an introduction.
- Using “iQor” or “we” in place of “the organization.”
- Modifying the overarching principles and including supporting details.
- Explaining how iQor uses AI.
- Summarizing iQor’s review process.
- Linking to relevant iQor content.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
iQor’s AI Principles were last updated on September 25, 2023.